Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi, at my company we're evaluating the possibility of buying a license of Spire.XLS but we have a question about big files.

We've tried other excel libraries (such as NPOI) but they consume huge amounts of memory when trying to open files above certain sizes. As the Free version is row limited we don't know if Spire.XLS will be able to open the kind of files we usually process.

Do you have any info about memory consumption or file sizes limits that you could share with me?

Thanks a lot.

darkcamper

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 am

Hello,

Thanks for your evaluating our product.
There is no any limitation on memory consumption or file sizes.
Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi. I think I didn't explained my question well. I'm interested in the actual memory consumption when loading files.

i.e : I have a 8 Mb .XLSX File with 23 columns and 100k rows. When I open it with NPOI the memory usage of my process skyrockets to about 2GB (which makes it almost unusable). Do you have real measurements of how much memory uses Spire.XLS in a file this size?

If not, would it be possible to have an evaluation version without the row limit (maybe time limited or something like that) so we can test if your library will be able to suit our needs?

Thanks in advance.

darkcamper

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Sorry that there is no accurate memory consumption uses Spire.XLS in a file this size, and there is no row limitation except free version, you can test the trial version of Spire.XLS, which has only the evalution warning message.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:16 pm

I somehow mistook the trial version for the free version...

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try!.

darkcamper

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:49 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.XLS