Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 am

Hi,

I was using the free version, but our docs were breaking to 100 para limit, so the company bought the Spire.Doc Standard Edition licence.

Since I was using the Spire.Doc Free (5.1) installed via nuget, I uninstalled this and installed Spire.Doc for .NET (5.4) from nuget. I copied the licence.elic.xml file to \bin folder and thought we were good to go.

I tested it be saving a doc that used more than 100 paragraphs and this seemed to work, but on opening the file I got the "Evaluation Warning..." text at the top of the document.

I've also tried explicitly loading the file but with the same outcome.

Project is a C# MVC web app.

Thanks

Dan

Code:
Code: Select all
document.SaveToStream(aStream, FileFormat.Docx);

string filename = user.Fullname + " Profile " + DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MMM-yyyy");

Response.Clear();
                Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document";
                Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",
                               "attachment; filename=" + filename + ".docx");
                Response.AppendHeader("Content-Length", aStream.Length.ToString());
                Response.BinaryWrite(aStream.ToArray());
                Response.Flush();
                Response.End();

return new FileStreamResult(Response.OutputStream, "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document");

Spire.Doc runtime version: v4.0.30319, version: 5.4.0.3040

danwebb

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:44 am

I've also used the SetLicenceKey in Global.asax, but I suspect the problem might be in the licence key as it has start date as

<LicensedDate>2015-04-30T00:00:00Z</LicensedDate>

And today is the 29th.

danwebb

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:49 am

On the other hand, changed the system date to the 30th and there was no difference. Back to the drawing board.

danwebb

Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:36 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The Spire.Doc edition you installed is Pro edition, and your current license can only used for standard edition.
Please download the Spire.Doc Standard Edition Version:5.4.1 from the following link and have a try:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Best Regards,
Betsy,
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:55 am

But the Standard Edition doesn't like/support .AppendHTML (which I found out when I applied the SE :!: )

Could you tell me why this is not available? As far as I can tell from all the documentation, the only difference should be:

The Differences between Standard and Pro Edition lie in the feature of Print function and File Conversion

So I'm not sure why .AppendHTML is not available. I am not converting or printing, I am saving it as a Word document.

danwebb

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:14 am

Hello,

Sorry that the Spire.Doc Standard edition doesn’t support the HTML format, so there is no way to achieve the AppendHTML() method in standard edition, so you have to upgrade to the pro edition if you need to use the AppendHTML method. In addition, please contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) for upgrading the license subscription after version upgrading.

Best Regards,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:12 am

Sorry but that's just not on. Nowhere does it say that this functionality is not supported in the Standard Edition. I am appending HTML to a Word document (something that happens a lot with rich text editors on web based applications), not converting it to HTML.

danwebb

Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry again, at present AppendHtml function only is supported in Pro version and Pack version. We will correct description of the difference between Standard Edition and other edition. We recommend you to upgrade to Spire.Doc Pro Edition by paying the price difference. Please use coupon code x-mas-200 to purchase Spire.Doc Pro Edition Developer Subscription at $200. Once we receive the payment, the new license file for Spire.Doc Pro will be sent to you.
You could get more details about how to use coupon code from the link below:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Lice ... -Code.html
And there is the purchase link in our website:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Buy/Spire.Doc.html
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Best Regards,
Sweety
E-iceblue support team

sweety1

Tue May 05, 2015 9:10 am

Hello,

Has your issue been resolved? Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Sweety

E-iceblue support team

sweety1

Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 am

Has my issues been resolved? No - since my issue is that your website is misleading in what the differences are between the versions and I'm not sure why I have to pay the extra $200 to get functionality I was using in the Free edition for evaluation.

Just not good enough to be honest and I am now evaluating other options and I'd advise others to be very careful about using your product in the future. :evil:

danwebb

Mon May 11, 2015 3:45 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Our sales team has contacted with you to solve this issue.

Best Regards,
Sweety

E-iceblue support team

sweety1

Return to Spire.Doc