Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the Spire.Doc component. However, like most of the other components i've tried, has the problem with limiting the prefix of the groupname to be TableStart: and TableEnd: . The issue with that is when trying to build a merged letter by using the Select Recipients feature to load up a list of fields in Word, the colons (:) are stripped out so you'd see TableStartTableName instead of TableStart:TableName.

Do you have a way to get around this issue? Some other products allow customizing the prefixes to something like TableStart_ instead.

Thanks for your help.

nsieger

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
It would be very helpful to resolve this issue if you provide the sample document and code you used for us.
Sorry that at present the Spire. Doc doesn't support the feature to customize the prefixes to something like TableStart_.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 am

Hello,

Has your issue been resolved? If not, could you please provide the sample document and code for us?

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi

Sure it's the sample app that i created for testing the component. If you open the document, use Select Recipients to load the sample merge field csv file, then use Insert Merge Field, you should notice that the colons are stripped out.

What would be the best way to get around it?

nsieger

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:04 am

Hello,

Thanks for your information.
I have tested your issue. Our product supports only the format "TableStart:XXXX" "TableEnd:XXXX", doesn't support the format "TableStartShippers" "TableEndShippers" in your file(ShipperReport.doc). I tested your code, the merge fields and its format likes "TableStart:XXXX""TableEnd:XXXX" were merged data correctly.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Sweety
E-iceblue support team

sweety1

Return to Spire.Doc