Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi, all!

I'm evaluating the Spire.Doc, and I have run into a problem.
I have a Word document (.docx) set up with a MailMerge datasource (user controled) in order to safely inserting the MergeFields in the document.

Using this document in Spire.Doc and performing MailMerge on it, does indeed merge the data, but does not remove the original MailMerge datasource that was added during Word handling. Hence when the user opens the mailmerged document in Word, the user is prompted with a messagebox asking the user to decide whether or not to read from the original datasource.

There must be a way to clear this information after mailmerge. How to do that? I not for a fact that OpenXML can remove the relevant "settings.xml" tag, but isn't Spire.Doc able to to that also?

/Thomas

thb@sonlinc.dk

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:39 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sorry that at present the Spire.Doc doesn't support the feature that removing the original MailMerge datasource, and we have added it to our schedule, once there are any update, we will let you know.

If there are any questins, welcome to get it back to us.

Best Regards,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:01 am

Hi ,
i am also face the same problem. Is any updates on the above Request to remove the mail merge datasource after complete the Mail merge.

Please let me know is there any options available to remove ?

Thanks
Parthipan N

thipantech

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:20 am

Dear Parthipan N,

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry that there is no any update. We will inform you immediately when there is a way to remove the mail merge datasource. Sorry for inconvenience caused by us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks for your instant Reply. But we are struggle with that Process . when open the Merged Document it prompts Data source. we are evaluating one or two components for our business need so please Update as soon as possible if any

Thanks,
Parthipan N

thipantech

Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:41 am

Dear Parthipan N,

Thanks for your interests in our product. We had added the new feature into our schedule. Due to the complexity of this feature, it maybe needs more time to be done. We will inform you when it is done. Sorry for inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Return to Spire.Doc