Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am

We're considering a Excel tool to import/export MS Excel file in our project. We've tested C1Excel, GemBox... but they all have some limitations so we prefer Spire XLS cause it supports almost features we need such as: rtf, cell indent, chart, textbox... But we've met some obstacles right at the 1st step: Spire XLS seems to be unstable when reading from Excel files (the rule here is able to read what MS Excel can read). I've attached here source code from our project and the sample Excel file, the case is reading from sample Excel file (very simple) to display on a grid control, in method BravoConverter.openXls(), I call Workbook.LoadFromFile() to load Excel file then scan each cell to write to grid in method BravoConverter.xlsToGrid(). The application will hang whenever accessing XlsRange.NumberFormat of some cells even I put it in try/catch block. Sometimes, it wont hang but some messages "A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeArrayTypeMismatchException' occurred in System.Drawing.dll" occurs in Output window (you can REM all code involving our grid to exclude the grid's trouble). And occasionally, an exception will throw when accessing XlsRange.RichText.
Pls download the attachments then run in debug mode to see by yourself what I've mentioned above. Thank you!

P/S: sorry, I've only attach sample excel file here due to size limitation of the forum, for the testing source code, pls download from this link https://rapidshare.com/files/3707432060/BravoConverter.rar (I'm using VS2008).
Attachments
datafile.rar
The sample excel file
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 505 times

pocketme

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Dear pocketme,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We can't get your testing source code, please send it to us by e-mail, our e-mail address is support@e-iceblue.com. Thanks.

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 am

I've sent my source code to support@e-iceblue.com

pocketme

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 am

Dear pocketme,

We have got your source code, but we don't reproduce your problem, we have tested your project, it works fine, we provide you the result screenshot.
Spire.xls can load data normally, please try to run your project again, also please make sure ComponentOne control has been registered. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support
Attachments
image02.PNG
image02.PNG (92.31 KiB) Viewed 8071 times
image01.PNG
image01.PNG (87.4 KiB) Viewed 8071 times

amy.zhao

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 am

Yep, it's not always hang so I've used word "unstable". I re-run on my machine 10 times then 8 times hang, 2 times success :(
So pls check it out 3 times more (close form then re-run each times), if you wont see error like below, I wont disturb you any more (pls test with the sample excel file I've attached here, the same file but last times I rename to datafile.xls before sending to you and pls copy the exe file that compiled on my machine to output dir to run it). Thank you!
P/S: ComponentOne C1FlexGrid is totally licensed on my machine.
hang.jpg
hang.jpg (8.9 KiB) Viewed 8067 times
Attachments
BravoConverter.exe.rar
(13.51 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
phong cuoi-bao gia moi.rar
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 467 times

pocketme

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 am

Hi pocketme,

We are sorry for this misunderstanding caused by us.

I tested the project with your xls file following your request, it turns out that the issue indeed exists. But we need some more time to fix it as its complexity
. Once we have any progress , you will be surely informed.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a nice day.

BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 am

Dear pocketme,

We have done many tests with system environment win7 32bit and windows xp again, and using the spire.xls.dll(v6.8.7.7020) for .net2.0 of Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:6.8.7, but we still don't reproduce your problem. You can download Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix Version:6.8.7 from the link http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-excel-for-net-now.html, please try to use the dll to do a test again. If you still have the problem, please tell us, also tell us what your system environment is. Thanks.

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 am

Hi,
As for me, I am testing the related crystal reports barcode generator these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? I am totally a green hand on barcode generating field. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

arronlee

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 am

Dear Arron,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please try our Spire.Barcode component, which can integrate barcode.
After downloading and installing Spire.BarCode for .NET Version:1.2.2, you will get some live demo. Please kindly refer to the live demos to do your processing.
Downloading link:http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-barcode-for-net-now.html

Please feel free to contact us if you have any problems.

Best wishes,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.XLS