Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to use Free Spire.PDF for .NET to generate PDF/A compliant files. Unfortunately the overloaded constructor with one argument and the setter for Conformance-property is missing for the PdfDocument object.

I assume this is a forced limitation of the community edition? Or do I have to use another method, etc.?
If the free version is not capable of creating PDF/A documents, you should remove the feature from your product page:
e-iceblue.com/Introduce/free-pdf-component.html

Thank you!

dietman

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The free version of Spire.PDF can’t create a PDF/A file, but the commercial edition can. You can load a PDF/A document and operate it when you use the Free Spire.PDF.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Best Regards,
Betsy

Betsy

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:54 pm

So it would be ok to open a PDF/A with the free version, modify it and save it to disk and it will remain PDF/A compliant without violating the licence?

dietman

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 am

Hello,

Yes, it will remain PDF/A compliant without violating license. You use the Free Spire.PDF normally without license, and there is not warning information. If you use the commercial version without license, there will be warning information.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or needs.

Best Regards,
Betsy
E-iceblue Support Team

Betsy

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 am

Thank you for your really fast support, I appreciate this a lot.

In this case, we will use the free version for now and consider upgrading in the future, when we need to create larger PDFs. :)

dietman

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:54 am

Hello,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or needs.

Best Regards,
Betsy
E-icebule Support Team

Betsy

Return to Spire.PDF