Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi,

I have created a word doc and want it to display on screen. The issue is i can only get it to display on screen if i save it first.

How do i create a document with out saving it then display it on the screen?

stevenheggie

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Regarding your requirement, you could use our Spire.DocViewer for .NET product, and you can get more information about it from the following link.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spir ... olbox.html
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:15 pm

I currently have the trial version as i am working my way through converting code to see if spire can do all we need it to, so i haven't got the docviewer and currently do not want to add it into the project as yet. (unless this is the only of doing what i want?)

Is there a way of just opening the document that has been created with out saving it?

Or saving the new document created then create a temp document set this to the document created and delete the first saved document?

any ideas on this?!

stevenheggie

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
It is impossible to open document without saving it on disk. You have to save the file as temporarily to your hard disk then view it using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start, after that delete it from the disk.
Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:09 am

Ok thanks for your reply. if i was to install the doc viewer can i view the document then with out saving it?

Or is it impossible regardless?

stevenheggie

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 am

Hello,

It is impossible to open document without saving. If you use the doc viewer, it only needs to save to stream instead of temporary file in hard disk.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc