Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 am

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution for converting MS Word and Excel files to PDF/A and I found your product Spire.Office.

At the feature site of Spire.PDF you're writing that the product supports PDF/A-1b but I couldn't find a demo / example or anything how to create such a PDF/A file.

Can you please give me an example or point me to the documentation on how to convert a word file to PDF/A?

Best regards,
Jann

jann.westermann

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:13 am

Hello Jann,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sorry that at present our product only supports the feature for converting MS Word and Excel files to PDF not to PDF/A.

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 am

Hello Garry,

and is there also no way to create PDF/A-files with Spire.PDF? And if not: Why is "PDF/ A-1b Compliance" listed in the feature details of Spire.PDF?

Best regards,
Jann

jann.westermann

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Jann,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Our Spire.Pdf product could support the feature to create PDF/A-files, but at present we don't release the interface about the feature, and we will release it in the future, once it is released, we will inform you.

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:18 am

Hi Jann,

Now our Spire.Pdf product can support the feature to create PDF/A-files and Spire.Doc product can support the feature to convert DOC(X) to PDF/A, you could download Spire.Pdf2.9.43(http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html)/Spire.Doc5.0.26(http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html) and test.
The below codes is for your reference.
//Create PDF/A-files
Code: Select all
PdfDocument document = new PdfDocument(PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B);
PdfPageBase page= document.Pages.Add();
page.Canvas.DrawString("Hello World!", new PdfFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 30f), new PdfSolidBrush(Color.Black), 10, 10);
document.SaveToFile("PDFA2.pdf");

//convert DOC(X) to PDF/A
Code: Select all
Document doc = new Document();
doc.LoadFromFile("Test.docx",FileFormat.Docx);
ToPdfParameterList toPdf = new ToPdfParameterList()
toPdf.PdfConformanceLevel = Spire.Pdf.PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B;
doc.SaveToFile("Test.Pdf",toPdf);

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us .
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc