Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello there!

Found your product and tried to evaluate it, but the start is not that easy.
I am getting a FormatException while running the VB.NET Example on page.ExtractText()

It's a VB.NET 2010 Project and I added the 4.0 dlls (also tried the other) and used the Sample.pdf

The excample is modified a bit to be able to select a file.
Please notice that i removed the actual 4.0 Spire.Pdf.dll and the actual Sample2.pdf to meet the 2MB file limitation.

Here is also the Detail Exception showing another error.

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei Extraction.Program.Main() in C:\Users\cremers.PROTEAM.000\Desktop\Extraction\Program.vb:Zeile 12.
bei System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
bei Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

cremers

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 am

Hello cremers,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The problem might relate to the document you are using since I didn't reproduce it. So can you provide us your testing document which causes this problem? You can upload it (must be zipped) to the forum, or send it to burning.liu@e-iceblue.com, thank you.
Best Regards,
Burning
E-iceblue Support Team

burning.liu

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:31 pm

I testet with the Sample 1-4. PDFs that were provided with the examples.

cremers

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 am

Hello,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
I added the dll files and run the project you attached, but I failed to reproduce your issue with the latest version of Spire.PDF. If the dll files you used are not the latest, please download the latest version and try again. If so, please provide the system information.

Best Regards,
Betsy

Betsy

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:16 am

I am sorry 4 the late reply,

and gave up getting the example to work and switched to another libary, I didn't have the time.
The ddls were up to date, VB.NET 2010 on Win7, 4GB Ram.

Best Regards,
Daniel

cremers

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am

Hello,

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Best Regards,
Betsy

Betsy

Return to Spire.PDF