Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:03 am

Im having difficulty finding answers to the following questions:

1. How do i add a new line to a page so i can insert a new table or paragraph?
I have been adding tables with section.addtable, but when it renders in word they are all connected.

2. How can I center a table that is NOT 100% width?

3. In a paragraph, can I add more than one object,
For example, I want to add a table then to its right a block of text that is NOT inside the table, but both reside on the same "line" on the page, one beside the other, not on top of one another. I have hacked a fix by using a table, one cell with borders, one without. However I cannot seem to center this table.

If you can provide code examples, I would appreciate it.

Thank You very much!

mkiessli@gmail.com

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. You can add a blank paragraph to seperate them.
Code: Select all
//Add a new blank paragraph line
Paragraph para = section.AddParagraph();

2. Use table format
Code: Select all
Table table2 = section.AddTable(true);
table2.ResetCells(1, 2);
table2.Rows[0].Cells[0].SetCellWidth(100, CellWidthType.Point);
table2.Rows[0].Cells[1].SetCellWidth(200, CellWidthType.Point);
//Set table's alignment to center
table2.TableFormat.HorizontalAlignment = RowAlignment.Center;

3. I'm confused with your description, please provide us a sample document, thank you.

Looking forward to your response.
Best Regards,
Burning
E-iceblue Support Team

burning.liu

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Here is what I am trying to create: (Note, this image is only a part of a three page document)

Also, I understand there is a limit on the free version. Can you give me more details? Does each row or column in a table count? each paragraph count?
Last edited by mkiessli@gmail.com on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkiessli@gmail.com

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Thank you, your code suggestions worked.

I see I got my own answer...

"Additional information: Spire.Doc free version is limited to 5 tables. This limitation is enforced during reading or writing files.Upgrade to Commercial Edition of Spire.Doc <http://www.e-iceblue.com/Introduce/word-for-net-introduce.html>"

So much for a "FREE" version.. well it had promise but Im not paying your prices for a product I cannot test properly.

Thanks again.

mkiessli@gmail.com

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:50 am

Hello,

You can test with the trail version. There are no limitions in the trail version and it's more powerful.
Best Regards,
Burning
E-iceblue Support Team

burning.liu

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:27 pm

burning.liu wrote:Hello,

You can test with the trail version. There are no limitions in the trail version and it's more powerful.

Well, thanks for the response, however i was able to get done what I needed to with another product. The other product does not need word to be installed, is 100% open source AND required 50% less code than your project did. What took me 3 days of hunting for answers just to complete 1/3 rd of my project with your product pailed in comparison to 1 day for 100% completion with Docx. Honestly you guys need some serious improvements if you going to charge the fees you do. Your product is simply not worth it in anyway. Sorry but facts are facts.

mkiessli@gmail.com

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:07 am

Hello,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Best Regards,
Burning
E-iceblue Support Team

burning.liu

Return to Spire.Doc