Spire.Doc for .NET is a professional .NET library specially designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files from any .NET platform with fast and high quality performance. As an independent .NET component, Spire.Doc for .NET doesn't need Microsoft Word to be installed on the machine. However, it can incorporate Microsoft Word document creation capabilities into any developers’ .NET applications.
Spire.Doc for .NET is a proven reliable MS Word Document API for .NET which enables to perform many Word document processing tasks. It supports C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC. Spire.Doc supports Word 97-2003 /2007/2010 and it has the ability to convert them to commonly used file formats like XML, RTF, TXT, XPS, EPUB, EMF, HTML and vice versa. Furthermore, it supports to convert Word Doc/Docx to PDF with high fidelity.
Main FunctionsOnly Spire.Doc, No Microsoft Office AutomationSpire.Doc for .NET is a totally independent .NET class library which doesn’t require Microsoft Office installed on system. Microsoft Office Automation is proved to be unstable, slow and not scalable to produce MS Word documents. Spire.Doc for .NET is many times faster than Microsoft Word Automation and with much better stability and scalability.Convert File DocumentsBy using Spire.Doc for .NET, users can save Word Doc/Docx to stream , save as web response and convert Word Doc/Docx to XML, RTF, EMF, TXT, XPS, HTML and vice versa. Spire.Doc for .NET also supports to convert Word Doc/Docx to PDF and EPUB.Create New Word DocumentA common use of Spire.Doc for .NET is to create Word document dynamically from scratch. Almost all Word document elements are supported. Mainly includes page , sections, headers, footers , footnotes, paragraphs, lists, tables, text, fields, hyperlinks, bookmarks, comments, images, styles, background settings, printing features, document settings and protection. Furthermore, drawing objects including shapes, textboxes, images, OLE objects and controls are supported either.Process Pre-Existing Word DocumentsSpire.Doc for .NET enables developers to process pre-existing Word documents. It supports search and replace function, alignment, page break, fill field, document concatenate, document copy, print, complex and deeply nested mail merge, etc.Other Technical FeaturesBy using Spire.Doc, developers can build any type of a 32-bit or 64-bit .NET application including ASP.NET, Web Services and WinForms for .NET Framework version from 2.0 to 4.0.
High performance for generating Word documents with huge pages. Superior performance support for reading and writing Word documents.
Difference between Standard and Pro Edition
The Difference between Standard and Pro Edition lies in the feature of File Conversion: Pro Edition supports converting files from Word to PDF, HTML, Word to CSV, Word to Text, Word to Image and Word to XML(the Word can be either .doc or .docx); while the Standard edition doesn't support conversion.
Here is a brief summary of Spire.Doc for .NET features.
Spire.Doc for .NET enables developers/programmers to build WinForms, Web Services, ASP.NET and other type for .NET applications from version 2.0 to 4.0 ClientProfile on 32-bit or 64-bit system.
Generating , Writing, Editing and SavingSpire.Doc for .NET enables quick generating, saving, writing and editing Word documents.
- Generate and save Word documents (Word 97-2003, Word 2007 and Word 2010).
- Load and save document with macros, including .doc (Word 97-2003) document with macros and .docm(Word 2007 and Word 2010) document.
- Write and edit text and paragraphs.
ConvertingSpire.Doc for .NET enables converting Word documents to most common and popular formats.
- Interversion Doc-Docx: Convert .doc document (Word 97-2003) to .docx document (Word 2007 and Word 2010) and vice versa.
- Interversion Doc(x)-RTF: Convert .doc(x) document to RTF (Rich Text Format) and vice versa.
- Interversion Doc(x)-TXT: Convert .doc(x) document to TXT (Plain Text) and enable to load TXT file and save as .doc(x) document.
- Interversion Doc(x)-HTML: Convert .doc(x) document to HTML file and enable to load HTML file and save as .doc(x) document.
- Interversion Doc(x)-Dot: Convert .doc(x) document to Dot (OpenDocument Text) and vice versa.
- Interversion Doc(x)-XML: Convert .dox(x) document to XML and enable to load XML file and save as .doc(x) document.
- Interversion Doc(x)-XPS: Convert .dox(x) document to XPS document.
- Unidirectional Conversion: Doc(x)-EPUB: Convert .doc(x) document to EPUB (Digital Publishing).
- Unidirectional Conversion: Doc(x)-PDF: Convert .doc(x) document to PDF with high fidelity, including contents and formats.
Inserting, Editing and Removing ObjectsSpire.Doc for .NET enables to inserting, editing and removing external objects in Word.
- Find and replace specified strings.
- Copy and remove texts, paragraph or sections.
- Merge multiple Word documents into one.
- Protect documents to prevent from opening, editing, printing etc.
- Open and decrypt documents in protection.
- Extract objects (texts, comments, images etc.) from document.
- Load and save document with macros. Remove macros in document.
- Create form field including elements: cells, texts, radio button, dropdown list, checkbox etc.
- Fill form field by connecting data from xml file.
- Create and edit document properties.
- Clear macros in .doc and .docm document.
FormattingSpire.Doc for .NET enables formatting contents in documents, including character, paragraphs, pages and whole document.
- Format all characters in document, including fonts, sizes, colors, effects etc.
- Format paragraphs, including built-in styles, indents, spacing, bullets and number list style etc.
- Format Word tables, including cell fonts and colors, cell background color, cell alignment, cell borders and column width/row height setting.
- Format Word page, including page border, margins, paper size and orientation.
- View document with different document view types, zoom percent and zoom types.
Mail MergeSpire.Doc for .NET enables executing mail merge function to create records, orders and reports.
- Perform simple mail merge fields (name and value) to create single item.
- Execute mail merge to create a group of data records with connecting customized data source.
- Populate document with data from .NET data source including DataSet, DataTable, DataView or any other files (for example, xml) to create large amounts of records or report by using mail merge.
Support Word97~2003 Word2007 Word2010 Operation Create New Document Edit Existing Document Save to file Save to stream Save as web response Document Properties Setup Document Print Setup Multiple Section Page Break Document Copy Multiple Document Concatenate Encrypt Document Decrypt Document Globally Search Globally Replace Mail Merge Nested Mail Merge Customize Mail Merge Fill Field Format and Style Font Color Highlight Indent List Text Alignment Building Style Named Style Content Image Hyperlink Comments Bookmark Table Table of Content Foot Note Ole Object Header (Text/Image/Table) Footer (Text/Image/Table) CheckBoxFormField DropDownFormField TextFormField Textbox TextWaterMark ImageWaterMark Field (91 types) HTML Convert Src Type Open Save Dest Type Doc Dot Docx Xml Txt Html Rtf EPUB Doc √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Dot √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Docx √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Xml √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Txt √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Html √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ × √ × × × × × × × × × Rtf √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ EPUB × √ × × × × × × × × × Not supported in Standard Edition