Spire.Doc for .NET is a professional Word .NET library specially designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files from any .NET( C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET) platform with fast and high quality performance. As an independent Word .NET component, Spire.Doc for .NET doesn't need Microsoft Word to be installed on the machine. However, it can incorporate Microsoft Word document creation capabilities into any developers’ .NET applications.
Spire.Doc for .NET is a proven reliable MS Word API for .NET which enables to perform many Word document processing tasks. It supports C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC. Spire.Doc supports Word 97-2003 /2007/2010/2013 and it has the ability to convert them to commonly used file formats like XML, RTF, TXT, XPS, EPUB, EMF, HTML and vice versa. Furthermore, it supports to convert Word Doc/Docx to PDF using C# in high quality.
The Difference between Standard and Pro Edition lies in the feature of File Conversion: Pro Edition supports converting files from Word to PDF, Word to HTML, Word to XPS, Word to Text, Word to Image and Word to XML(the Word can be either .Doc or .Docx).
Unlike Pro Edition, the standard edition doesn't support conversion of any kind mentioned above.MainFunctions
Main FunctionsOnly Spire.Doc, No Microsoft Office AutomationSpire.Doc for .NET is a totally independent .NET Word class library which doesn't require Microsoft Office installed on system. Microsoft Office Automation is proved to be unstable, slow and not scalable to produce MS Word documents. Spire.Doc for .NET is many times faster than Microsoft Word Automation and with much better stability and scalability. By using Spire.Doc for .NET, users can save Word Doc/Docx to stream, save as web response and convert Word Doc/Docx to XML, RTF, EMF, TXT, XPS, EPUB, HTML and vice versa. Spire.Doc for .NET also supports to convert Word Doc/Docx to PDF and HTML to image. A common use of Spire.Doc for .NET is to create Word document dynamically from scratch. Almost all Word document elements are supported. Mainly includes page, sections, headers, footers, footnotes, paragraphs, lists, tables, text, fields, hyperlinks, bookmarks, comments, images, styles, background settings, printing features, document settings and protection. Furthermore, drawing objects including shapes, textboxes, images, OLE objects and controls are supported as well. Spire.Doc for .NET enables developers to process pre-existing Word documents. It supports search and replace function, alignment, page break, fill field, document concatenate, document copy, print, complex and deeply nested mail merge, etc. By using Spire.Doc, developers can build any type of a 32-bit or 64-bit .NET application including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Web Services and WinForms for .NET Framework version from 2.0 to 4.0.
High PerformanceHigh performance for generating Word documents with huge pages. Superior performance support for reading and writing Word documents.
Here is a brief summary of Spire.Doc for .NET features.
Spire.Doc for .NET enables developers/programmers to build WinForms, Web Services, ASP.NET and other type for .NET applications from version 2.0 to 4.5 ClientProfile on 32-bit or 64-bit system.
Generating , Writing, Editing and SavingSpire.Doc for .NET enables quick generating, saving, writing and editing Word documents.
- Generate and save Word documents (Word 97-2003, Word 2007 and Word 2010).
- Load and save document with macros, including .doc (Word 97-2003) document with macros and .docm(Word 2007 and Word 2010) document.
- Write and edit text and paragraphs.
ConvertingSpire.Doc for .NET enables converting Word documents to most common and popular formats.
- Interversion Doc-Docx: Convert .doc document (Word 97-2003) to .docx document (Word 2007 and Word 2010) and vice versa.
- Interversion Doc(x)-RTF: Convert .doc(x) document to RTF (Rich Text Format) and vice versa.
- Interversion Doc(x)-TXT: Convert .doc(x) document to TXT (Plain Text) and enable to load TXT file and save as .doc(x) document.
- Interversion Doc(x)-HTML: Convert .doc(x) document to HTML file and enable to load HTML file and save as .doc(x) document.
- Interversion Doc(x)-Dot: Convert .doc(x) document to Dot (OpenDocument Text) and vice versa.
- Interversion Doc(x)-XML: Convert .dox(x) document to XML and enable to load XML file and save as .doc(x) document.
- Interversion Doc(x)-XPS: Convert .dox(x) document to XPS document.
- Unidirectional Conversion: Doc(x)-EPUB: Convert .doc(x) document to EPUB (Digital Publishing).
- Unidirectional Conversion: Doc(x)-PDF: Convert .doc(x) document to PDF in high quality, including contents and formats.
Inserting, Editing and Removing ObjectsSpire.Doc for .NET enables to inserting, editing and removing external objects in Word.
- Find and replace specified strings.
- Copy and remove comment, bookmark, table, texts, paragraph or sections.
- Merge multiple Word documents into one.
- Protect documents to prevent from opening, editing, printing etc.
- Open and decrypt documents in protection.
- Extract texts, comments, images etc. from document.
- Load and save document with macros. Remove macros in document.
- Create form field including elements: cells, texts, radio button, dropdown list, checkbox etc.
- Fill form field by connecting data from xml file.
- Create and edit document properties.
- Clear macros in .doc and .docm document.
FormattingSpire.Doc for .NET enables formatting contents in documents, including character, paragraphs, pages and whole document.
- Format all characters in document, including fonts, sizes, colors, effects etc.
- Format paragraphs, including built-in styles, indents, spacing, bullets, alignment, headings and number list style etc.
- Format Word tables, including cell fonts and colors, cell background color, cell alignment, cell borders and column width/row height setting.
- Format Word page, including page breaks, border, margins, paper size and orientation.
- View document with different document view types, zoom percent and zoom types.
Mail MergeSpire.Doc for .NET enables executing mail merge function to create records, orders and reports.
- Perform simple mail merge fields (name and value) to create single item.
- Execute mail merge to create a group of data records with connecting customized data source.
- Populate document with data from .NET data source including DataSet, DataTable, DataView or any other files (for example, xml) to create large amounts of records or report by using mail merge.
Support Word97~2003 Word2007 Word2010 Word2013 Operation Create New Document Edit Existing Document Save to file Save to stream Save as web response Document Properties Setup Document Print Setup Multiple Section Page Break Document Copy Multiple Document Concatenate Encrypt Document Decrypt Document Globally Search Globally Replace Mail Merge Nested Mail Merge Customize Mail Merge Fill Field Format and Style Font Color Highlight Indent List Text Alignment Building Style Named Style Content Image Hyperlink Comments Bookmark Table Table of Content Foot Note Ole Object Header (Text/Image/Table) Footer (Text/Image/Table) CheckBoxFormField DropDownFormField TextFormField Textbox TextWaterMark ImageWaterMark Field (91 types) HTML Convert Src Type Open Save Dest Type Doc Dot Docx Xml Txt Html Rtf EPUB Doc √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Dot √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Docx √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Xml √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Txt √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ Html √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ × √ × × × × × × × × × Rtf √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ √ EPUB × √ × × × × × × × × × Not supported in Standard Edition
Convert Word to PDF Convert Word to HTML Convert Word to Image Convert Word to XPS Mail Merge Search and Highlight Header and Footer Create/Update Table Request free customized demo just for you.
High Quality ConversionConvert Word to PDF (Demo)
Convert Word to HTML (Demo)
Convert Word to Image (Demo)
Convert Word to XPS (Demo)
Mail MergeMail Merge (Demo)
Search and HighlightSearch and Highlight (Demo)
Header and FooterHeader and Footer (Demo)
Create/Update TableCreate Table (Demo)
Beginners Guide is the first step towards learning the basic information of Spire.Doc for .NET
Main Functions contain the main features of our Spire.Doc for .NET and you can have brief information of it.
Program Guide lists the detailed features of our Spire.Doc for .NET and you can search for the information you want.
The Videos give an operation guide by video. You can check the produce step by step.
Frequently asked question for Spire.Doc of technical and function issues.
We guarantee one business day Forum questions Reply.
We guarantee one business day E-mail response.
Free Customized service for OEM Users.
Skype account: iceblue-support
To ensure our products to be easier to use, we offer free customized demos to our customers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the free demo. Make sure the demo you want meets the below requirements.
- It relates to our components stored on E-iceblue online store.
- It costs less than 2 hours for us to complete it. If it costs more than 2 hours, please contact our email@example.com
If you have tried out Spire.Doc and found it useful, please consider sharing your experience with others. By sharing your testimonial with us, you will not only help others to make the right decision but will also to earn rewards from us. Please send your testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org.