Spire.XLS for .NET is a professional Excel .NET component that can be linked into any type of .NET 2.0, 3.5 or 4.0 project, either ASP.NET web sites or Windows Forms application. Spire.XLS for .NET offers object model API for speeding up Excel programming in .NET platform-create new Excel documents from scratch, edit existing Excel documents and convert Excel files.
This Professional .NET Excel component is a standalone Excel .NET managed assembly and does not depend on Microsoft Office Excel. Spire.XLS for .NET offers support both for the old Excel 97-2003 format (.xls) and for the new Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 (.xlsx) format. It features fast and reliable compared to developing your own spreadsheet manipulation solution or using Microsoft Automation.
Spire.XLS for .NET enjoys good reputation in either enterprise or individual customers. These customer types include Banks, Data processing houses, Educational institutions, Government organizations, Insurance firms, Legal institutions, Postal/cargo services and etc.
Main Functions100% Standalone Excel .NET Component- No Microsoft Office AutomationSpire.XLS for .NET is a 100% standalone Excel .NET component that allows developers to create, manage and manipulate Excel spreadsheets without requiring Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Office to be installed on the system. In addition, Spire.XLS for .NET is a better alternative to Office Automation in terms of security, stability, scalibility, speed, price and features.Powerful File ConversionSpire.XLS for .NET supports converting files from Excel to PDF, Excel to HTML, Excel to CSV, Excel to Text, Excel to Image and Excel to XML. And on the other hand, most of popular files can be transferred to Excel back.Programmatically Process workbookSpire.XLS for .NET enables developers to generate Excel workbook from scratch, or load a workbook from either folder or file stream. Developers can also save it to file, file stream or web response. Spire.XLS for .NET offers a wide range of security features including Excel encryption/decryption, worksheet hide/unhide, Cells lock/unlock.Freely Operate worksheetSpire.XLS for .NET enables developers to create, add, delete rename move and edit worksheet in either C# VB.NET or ASP.NET. Developers can also copy, transpose, and consolidate across worksheets with full contents. This professional Excel .NET class library also embeds many flexible options for displaying worksheets, such as page breaks, zoom-setting, freeze panes, headers/footers, print- paper size, and print area etc.Easily Manipulate cells at run timeDevelopers can easily manipulate Excel cells in C#, VB.NET or ASP.NET at runtime. Cell Styles are supported by this Excel .NET component, such as cell merging/unmerging, text wrapping, text alignment, rotation, interior, borders, lock/unlock and etc. Font formats, like setting font type, size, color, bold, italic, strikeout and underlining etc. is also fullly supported. Conditional formatting, text search and replace, filter and data validation can be applied to cells as easily as you expect.Chart, Data and other ElementsSpire.XLS for .NET provides a wide range of Chart: Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Column Chart, Line Chart, Radar Chart and etc. This Excel .NET component also supports data transportation between database and Excel in C# VB.NET or ASP.NET. Hyperlinks and templates are also supported by Spire.XLS for .NET.
high performance for generating Excel documents with huge number columns and rows. Superior performance support for reading and writing spreadsheet.
Difference between Standard and Pro Edition
The Difference between Standard and Pro Edition lies in the feature of File Conversion: Pro Edition supports converting files from Excel to PDF, HTML, Excel to CSV, Excel to Text, Excel to Image and Excel to XML(the Excel can be either .xls or .xlsx); while the Standard edition doesn't support.
Spire.XLS for .NET enables developers/programmers to build ASP.NET, Web Services, WinForms or any other type of application for any .NET Framework version from 2.0 to 4.0. Full support for 32-bit and 64-bit system.
File Format Supports:Spire.XLS for .NET supports lots of file formats.
- Spire.XLS for .NET offers support both for the old Excel 97-2003 format (.xls) and for the new Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 (.xlsx) format.
- Save as HTML is available.
- Load and save documents in the tab delimited file format.
- Comprehensive support of the CSV format to interact with a variety of applications.
- Easily extract text by saving in plain text format.
Conversion:Spire.XLS for .NET has powerful conversion ability and it enables converting Excel files to most common and popular formats.
- Excel to HTML/XML/CSV
- XML/CSV to Excel
- Excel to Image
- Excel to Text
- Excel to PDF
Contents Features:Spire.XLS for .NET offers a wide range of features and the main features are listed as below:
- Create and Edit Excel
- Find and Search Data
- Import/Export data from a DataTable, DataView, Array, DataGrid etc.
- Save Excel to file/Stream or as web response
- Create charts
- Read and write hyperlinks
- Create auto filters
- Implement Data Sorting
- Implement Data Validations
- Merge / Unmerge Cells
- Group / UnGroup Rows and Columns
- Insert / Delete or Hide Rows, Columns and Sheets
- Calculate Complex Excel Formulae
- Freeze / Unfreeze Panes
- Insert Hyperlinks to link data
- Protect / Unprotect Worksheets
- Create Pivot Tables
- Encrypt/Decrypt Files
- Load/Save Excel VBA
- Merge data into Excel with MakerDesigner
Formatting Features:Spire.XLS for .NET provides detailed programmatic access to formatting properties of all spreadsheet elements.
- Apply all characters formatting in the cells including fonts, colors, effects, borders and shading.
- Apply all the Number Format Settings (supported in MS Excel) for the cells.
- Set all types of Text Alignment settings.
- Apply different kinds of Font Settings for the cells.
- Apply different Colors to Cells, Fonts, Gridlines, Graphic objects etc.
- Apply different Rich Text formatting in a single cell.
- Apply different Border Settings on cells.
- Apply different Background Patterns on cells.
- Apply gradient Background Patterns on cells.
- Apply Format Settings on a Worksheet, Row, Column or a range of cells etc.
Page Setup Features:Spire.XLS for .NET enables developers/programmers to set PageSetup options.
- Adjust your page orientation, scaling, paper size.
- Specify your margins and page centering.
- Create or edit your header and/or footer with image.
- Set print area, print titles, or turn on gridlines etc
- Managing Page Breaks
Support Excel97~2003 Excel2007 Excel2010 Operation Create New Workbook Edit Existing Workbook Save to file Save to stream Save as web response Workbook Properties Setup Worksheet Print Setup Worksheet Copy Cells Data Copy Cells Styles Copy Cells Merge Lock Worksheet Unlock Worksheet Data Table Import Data Table Export Freezepane Group Filter Data Validation Marker Designer Template Auto Populate Style Copy Variables Format Cells Number Format Text Alignment Font Cell Border Cell Fill Cell Protection Interior Content Formula (all 531 entries supported) Chart (all 74 types supported) Image Pivot Table RichText Hyperlink Comments VBA Convert XML HTML Image CSV Text Not supported in Standard Edition